The Empire of Blue Sun Shipbuilding is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 356 million shipbuilders are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.8%.
The thriving Blue Sun economy, worth 28.1 trillion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 78,927 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 279,378 per year while the poor average 16,099, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Military spending recently hit a new high, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, and the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Blue Sun Shipbuilding's national animal is the eagle.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding's influence in Alternate Earth rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Most Pro-Market, Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, Highest Disposable Incomes, and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding altered its national flag.
- : Blue Sun Shipbuilding relocated from The East Pacific to Alternate Earth.