The Queen's State of Blue-Field is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, smutty television, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 27.61 billion Blue-Fieldians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small government prioritizes Industry, although Spirituality, Defense, and Education are also considered important, while Healthcare and Welfare aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.9%.
The powerhouse Blue-Fieldian economy, worth a remarkable 1,121 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 40,635 betales, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Foreigners are treated with great suspicion, the mob and the police have recently had numerous clashes in the back alleys of Blue-Field's cities due to the government's steadfast anti-casino stance, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts, and X-Files ratings have hit an all-time low. Crime is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Blue-Field's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blue-Field was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Blue-Field was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Blue-Field was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Blue-Field was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Dead and the Top 5% for Most Zombified.
- : Blue-Field was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : Blue-Field's influence in Norfolk Island rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Blue-Field's influence in Norfolk Island fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Blue-Field lodged a message on the Norfolk Island Regional Message Board.
- : Blue-Field updated the World Factbook entry in Norfolk Island.
- : Blue-Field proposed constructing embassies between Norfolk Island and Orenburg Oblast.