The Anarchy of Blogotopia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Ding Dong Daddy with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 26.584 billion Blogotopians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blogotopia City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Blogotopian economy, worth a remarkable 8,794 trillion doobies a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an amazing 330,825 doobies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Pushy mums tell their kids to be doctors and engineers but steer them away from being penniless lawyers, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish, and the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Blogotopia's national animal is the hepcat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, the Coast Guard is pioneering a quixotic program to train fish.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, pushy mums tell their kids to be doctors and engineers but steer them away from being penniless lawyers.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Blogotopia Blood Tithe.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views.
- : Blogotopia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Blogotopia endorsed The United Kingdom of Zachais.
- : Blogotopia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Zachais.
- : Following new legislation in Blogotopia, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
Endorsements Received: 136 » Earth Federation, Creeptopia, Zyrcrestia, Slaytania, Anfuhrer, Hamtown, United Governments of Newrope, Grungerock, Coreras, Hacame, Kokkinostan, Tzo, Linkdahero, Wolfhunters, Seranis, Beiluxia, Zaqaz Death, Achiotopia, Rex Republic, Mystiquelle, Puerto Barrio, Onarii, Testa, Weaubleau, American Republic of Independent States, Bullintine, Osea Island, Germanahii, Zeklandia, Manlinesslavia, HN67, Wysrod, Kyrizstanislav, Spncrgmn, FreeGunsForAll, Cardini, The Tasmanian Islands, Colonel Terrosit, A Death Arena, Seantonia, Perzische Keizer, Grifopolis, Spiritbw, Zeganas, Better Indonesia, Leirkra, Siuts, Those against abusers, Oom, Parpaza, and 86 others.Nova Terra Saccharum, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Zuslosal, Rubistein, The Republic of The Sith, Astrx, South Baker, North Southumberland, Kharbydriss, New Katamenia, Myopic, Elsewhereland, Phrados, Finbro Holdings, Anollasia, Grimlandia, Crustacion, Serlone, The Sarsinian Islands, DunNaGall, The Soylent Green Party, Free Tristania, MagnaPene, Molea, Gross Battenia, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, NorthernMassachusetts, Kebecois, Venkorata, Gentletopia, Striagro Uspil, Jhonshire, Castica, Neo Saorsa, Europe Inc, Mers Plo Mar, Baudelafstan, Tabbertonia, Edorask, Rainu, Marikast, Tycorn, Flezzola, United Socialists of the Highest Power, United States of Zeb, Lexomia, NewDelly, Otrodoxia, UNpoopburg, Gunzerlander, Vegaslovakia, LiberationVille, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Zopciria, Craven States, Sanacua, Samonaemia, New Letna, Corthusia, Tijdtevelia, Lacuna, Chad9, Jessi Island, Finswedeway, Kilenel, Carbrabukka, Atanasov, Markanite, The Starlight Islands, Wheydia, Rabbitomia, Eilael, Karlando, Ameralt, Over the Mountain, Surfico, Augsmand, The Parandeam, Atlantavion, Clialaad, New Sanjay, Mursilis, Focal, Sacred Toast, Syvie, and Zachais.