The Empire of Blistforg is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The quiet, industrious population of 18 million Blistforgians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality is ignored. The average income tax rate is 47.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The developing Blistforgian economy, worth 568 billion Pounds a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 31,567 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, military spending is on the increase, and future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blistforg's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blistforg's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Blistforg, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Blistforg, military spending is on the increase.
- : Following new legislation in Blistforg, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Blistforg, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Blistforg was founded in The South Pacific.