The Republic of Blarania is a very large, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 161 million Blaranians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 51.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Blaranian economy, worth 10.0 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 62,115 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids, bald-headed monks sit around the National Meditation Park looking smugly content, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb, and machine-peeled candied grapes come in individual packaging for the busy commuter. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blarania's national animal is the monkey, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blarania was endorsed by The Dominion of The Calabash Protectorate.
- : Blarania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Blarania, machine-peeled candied grapes come in individual packaging for the busy commuter.
- : Blarania was endorsed by The King of the North of Pallaith.
- : Following new legislation in Blarania, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Blarania was endorsed by The Democratic States of Britle.
- : Blarania was endorsed by The Dark Fantasy of Sounq.
- : Following new legislation in Blarania, bald-headed monks sit around the National Meditation Park looking smugly content.
- : Following new legislation in Blarania, pictures of government employees with expensive Pearbooks 'working' on exotic beaches dominate local tabloids.
- : Blarania was endorsed by The Republic of Tsandonown.
Endorsements Received: 129 » Worwin, Yaorozu, Dangine, Lulubellia, Aerilia, Guer Aike, Francois Isidore, Ellbonnia, Svenskskit, The Ultimate Republic, Koda-Land, The Tampa Bay Rays, Xentherida, Muqatil, Orado, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Frances Francis the First of France, Venicea, Shibutani, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Kromi, Zemnaya Svoboda, Dreadton, Hamerica, Sunto, Republica Guilleana, Sundred, Loutsland, Navsland, North Bratislava, Dar es Saalam, Bankowiata, Yokciq Empire, Corfad, Questann, Zzozona, Valgarda, Hardscrabble, Aeolist, Interdimensional Zone, Siforpeo, Folenz, Kocherian, Territorio di Nessuno, Bharathvarsh, The Rhein States, Lol2639, Omnistria, Andexia, McMasterdonia, and 79 others.Selfgradatude, Travislavania, Valentine Z, New Lakemba, Cretox State, The Pantheons, Chips and Guac, Wilkshire, Shotokonia, Sil Dorsett, Galbadiana, Barabolia, Imperial Pieserged, Fauzjhia, Simone Republic, El Fiji Grande, Notyoutopia, Super Girl, Kragsgale, Free Salvation, Sikol, Empy, Former English Colony, Ice and Tinian, Wapistan, Siwale, Viviser, Texanz, Xagill, Aryan Homeland, Blyskalia, East Akra, Yellops, Tyirza, Millius Prime, Figyjharli, Great Bights Mum, Kranostav, Illusia and Neverendia, Xyrron, Wisconsota, Holy Oranz, Shahrukh, BTProductions, Shadowrik, Clan Spaniel, Ravendi, Kazoo Basin, Alexander the Magnus, Svenskan, Nalver And, Libertania Democratica, Uzbek Khan, Fraystonia, Votak Matim, Pasargad, Nova Arcania, Ethnon, Draconian Progression, Maott, Climeria, Mon Island, Strongwill, Steampunk Ariel, Seenvorland, Religioncord, Wineclaw, Que Lukustinardon, Colfes, Korean-Joseon, Darkmondoria, Defense For The World Assembly, Siberian Workforce, Centrialand, Tsandonown, Sounq, Britle, Pallaith, and The Calabash Protectorate.