|Leader||Prime Oligarch Blanjipan Tirole|
The Federal Oligarchy of Blanjiland is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Prime Oligarch Blanjipan Tirole with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.783 billion Blanjis love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Herning. The average income tax rate is 94.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Blanji economy, worth a remarkable 1,528 trillion Blanjs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 156,216 Blanjs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's never enough space in space, the Messiah (formerly known as Brian) is a mayoral candidate, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries, and re-education centers are being added to most prisons. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Blanjiland's national animal is the Shiba Inu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blanjiland was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Blanjiland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Blanjiland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Blanjiland was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Blanjiland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Blanjiland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities"".
- : Blanjiland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Effectual Recycling".
- : Blanjiland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "GMO International Trade Accord".
- : Blanjiland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Public Access to Court Records".
- : Blanjiland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
Endorsements Received: None.