|Leader||His Supremely Eirenic Eminence|
The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, frequent executions, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 17.239 billion Blandings and Fenwickians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, with Spirituality also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.6%.
The Blandings and Fenwickian economy, worth a remarkable 1,845 trillion francs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 107,066 francs, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
An epidemic of unpopped kernels causes movie goers to gnash their teeth, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, the weather in Ickenham is always 'pigeons with a chance of droppings', and politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return. Crime is totally unknown. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Boston".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Asbestos Consumption, Disposal and Worker Protection".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj.
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Southeast Texan Republic of United States of Woodward.
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The League of Conservative Nations".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Southeast Texan Republic of United States of Woodward.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".