|Leader||His Supremely Eirenic Eminence|
The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 16.2 billion Blandings and Fenwickians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Spirituality, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.5%.
The strong Blandings and Fenwickian economy, worth a remarkable 1,779 trillion francs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 109,820 francs, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-franc charge on their phone bill, court verdicts are predictable to within a hundredth of a percentage point, no one knows how to tie a reef knot, and calling dibs is an unalienable right. Crime is totally unknown. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ozone Layer Protection".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Biomedical Research".
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of Dark Oliphant Rider.
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Dark Oliphant Rider.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.