|Leader||His Supremely Eirenic Eminence|
The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, public floggings, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 19.723 billion Blandings and Fenwickians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Spirituality is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. The average income tax rate is 1.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Blandings and Fenwickian economy, worth a remarkable 2,103 trillion francs a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 106,668 francs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
One does not simply walk into the tundra, Blandings and Fenwickians are regularly fired for looking at MyFace during their lunch breaks, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Blandings and Fenwickian language, and children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name. Crime is totally unknown. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nudest.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Suvmia".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Identity Theft Prevention Act"".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Blandings and Fenwick's influence in Texas rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Recognition of the General Assembly".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Conscientious objection to abortion".