The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 15.818 billion Blandings and Fenwickians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Spirituality, although Education is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.5%.
The Blandings and Fenwickian economy, worth a remarkable 1,697 trillion francs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 107,317 francs, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Tensions between the young and old have risen to record levels, the Blandings and Fenwickian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, citizens often ask "what has information technology ever done for us?", and violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner. Crime is totally unknown. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Omnioppressive Nation of Narshtaph.
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Federal Republic of Lammey.
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Lone Star Republic of Greater United Texas.
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Serene Utopian Republic of Safj.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care"".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Serene Utopian Republic of Safj.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ransium".
- : Blandings and Fenwick was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Lammey.