|Leader||His Supremely Eirenic Eminence|
The Most Serene Republic of Blandings and Fenwick is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by His Supremely Eirenic Eminence with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, free-roaming dinosaurs, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 17.658 billion Blandings and Fenwickians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Spirituality is also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ickenham. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.6%.
The Blandings and Fenwickian economy, worth a remarkable 1,899 trillion francs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 107,552 francs, with the richest citizens earning 7.7 times as much as the poorest.
An epidemic of unpopped kernels causes movie goers to gnash their teeth, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, the weather in Ickenham is always 'pigeons with a chance of droppings', and politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return. Crime is totally unknown. Blandings and Fenwick's national animal is the green monster, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and the Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Blandings and Fenwick's influence in Texas rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Blandings and Fenwick relocated from Balder to Texas.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was refounded in Balder.
- : Blandings and Fenwick ceased to exist in Texas.
- : Blandings and Fenwick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of expression for organisations".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Crime and Punishment"".
- : Blandings and Fenwick voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free Expression".
- : Blandings and Fenwick endorsed The Serene Compassionate Utopia of Safj.