|Leader||President Johnson E Blackwood III|
The Northern Borderlands of Blackwood Coast is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Johnson E Blackwood III with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, parental licensing program, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.816 billion Blackwoods enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, corrupt, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sapphire City. The average income tax rate is 34.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Blackwood Coastian economy, worth 309 trillion Marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 170,386 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Poaching has been on the rise after animals from the nation's zoos were released into the wild, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany President Johnson E Blackwood III to meetings with foreign heads of state, and freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Blackwood Coast's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Blackwood Coast was endorsed by The Republic of Northern United Arkadia.
- : Blackwood Coast was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Blackwood Coast, freighter lifeboats have been replaced by state of the art marker buoys so divers can recover the cargo after they sink.
- : Following new legislation in Blackwood Coast, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany President Johnson E Blackwood III to meetings with foreign heads of state.
- : Following new legislation in Blackwood Coast, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Blackwood Coast, poaching has been on the rise after animals from the nation's zoos were released into the wild.
- : Following new legislation in Blackwood Coast, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Blackwood Coast was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Blackwood Coast, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales.
- : Following new legislation in Blackwood Coast, convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes.
Endorsements Received: 190 » Diodone, Notyoutopia, Kwaj, Shin-Hachioji, South Grand Mountain, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Bharathvarsh, Kingdom of Space, Friently, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Pallaith, Necromonia, Alice Gardens, American MapleStory, Selfgradatude, Holy Oranz, Legique, Great and Glorious Martese Unionins, Renetopia, Shadowrik, Ultima Terra, Republic of Dixie, Amerian States, Lamexanope, Sunto, Sil Dorsett, Forunte, The Rossinite Empire, Venezuelia, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Celreostia, Siwale, Sheppey, Ainsworth, HMS Unicorn, Prevaland, New Lakemba, Malta Comino Gozo, Kelvaros Prime, New Chilokver, Guslantis, Sankami, Buckerino, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Seven Hills, Cloydicia, Lord Ravenclaw, The Lancerian Empire, and 140 others.Bayern-Straubing, ZimRobwe, Aerilia, PlanetPunk, The Iron Lions, The Austro Germanic Union, Beodarasc, Pakistan 001, Fountania, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Territorio di Nessuno, Tredano, Wineclaw, Unsophisticate, Thenaca, Drasvidania, General COE, Lemonbiscuits, New Rivia, Xentherida, Pleroma Sans Romans, The The Bierands, Corfad, SillyString, Lionia, Yaris, Panama Coalition, Ice and Tinian, Plumas, Weehay, Wodan, Aroa, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Sacrento, The Syca, Palisede, Destroedor, Wyldeacre, Victoriaans Nederlands, Zombodice, Midds Conia, Unimaginable Doom, Republic of Destiny, Dodione, Apetopia, Agrauron, CurryIndia, Pria Xennes, Mzeusia, Gladio II, Nanatovna, Mercy Land, Malvad, NatsukiLand, ABC, Merconitonitopia, Ozstan, Astal Aavors, Abunenin, Xagill, Avornica, Celebia, Eglise Sainte Eve, A Terribly Charismatic Duck, Illusia and Neverendia, Euginus, Alsatian Island, Isimud, Puczovska, Lake Flotillas, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Frances Francis the First of France, Athenian Coalition, Revolutionary Sealand, The Mazur Empire, Maott, Pop Prorp, Ceretis, Montroyale, Morlanka, Triekru, Atain, Nueava Libertalia, Guyomartand, LaKronia, Mirandako Herri Errepublika, Phoronu, Elkhead, Mordant99, Omicron Persei V111, East Supple Lund, Wesley Republic, Walter Jackson, Alarys, Albacria, Ka Ching, Benolia, Freienland, Thoets, TerranulliuZ, Shibutani, Misthas, Wilkshire, Republican Pacific Islands, The Windmilluminati, ThE eNd oF eE, The Oceanic Lands, Dellengard, Underground Techno, Q w e r t y, FLARADESTRA, Californian Redwood, Lower Nubia, Ordes, Azurius, THX1138, Constantinolia, Northern Glory, Pizza Squared, Llwy, Centrall America, Former English Colony, New Trisone, Semailand, Koda-Land, New Seaview Cove, Killbear, The National Union of Budds, Kylesburgh, Inner Wilia Sch, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Esplandia, Hackfraud, Avalon, Darcania, Sanjurika, Highton Islands, Lungha, and Northern United Arkadia.