|Animal||flying shadow octopus|
The Sacrilegious Cult of Black Providence is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 2.741 billion Cultists are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 46.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Cultist economy, worth 24.9 trillion animal sacrifices a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, Pizza Delivery, and Automobile Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 9,083 animal sacrifices, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Black Providence's national animal is the flying shadow octopus.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Providence's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Black Providence's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Black Providence's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Black Providence's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Black Providence's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Black Providence altered its national flag.
- : Black Providence changed its national demonym to "Cultist", its demonym adjective to "Cultist", and its nation type to "Sacrilegious Cult".
- : Black Providence was refounded in Balder.
- : Black Providence ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Black Providence's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".