The Holy Red Empire of Black Friday is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its daily referendums, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 20.488 billion Black Fridayians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bone City. The average income tax rate is 23.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Black Fridayian economy, worth a remarkable 3,111 trillion Irish golds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 151,855 Irish golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Most academic research has ground to a halt, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, schools offer a range of lessons in subjects as diverse as The Economics of Bullying for Lunch Money, and condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Black Friday's national animal is the black mamba, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Black Friday lodged a message on the The Skeleton Army Regional Message Board.
- : Black Friday altered its national flag.
- : Black Friday relocated from Osiris to The Skeleton Army.
- : Black Friday was refounded in Osiris.
- : Black Friday ceased to exist in The Skeleton Army.
- : Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".