The Holy Red Empire of Black Friday is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, digital currency, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 19.62 billion Black Fridayians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Law & Order and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bone City. The average income tax rate is 23.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Black Fridayian economy, worth a remarkable 2,979 trillion Irish golds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 151,855 Irish golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Most academic research has ground to a halt, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, schools offer a range of lessons in subjects as diverse as The Economics of Bullying for Lunch Money, and condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Black Friday's national animal is the black mamba, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Black Friday was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Black Friday relocated from Balder to The Skeleton Army.
- : Black Friday was refounded in Balder.
- : Black Friday ceased to exist in The Skeleton Army.
- : Black Friday was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Black Friday's influence in The Skeleton Army rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Black Friday was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Black Friday was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Black Friday lodged a message on the The Skeleton Army Regional Message Board.