The Narnian Republic of Bisim is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Golg with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, ubiquitous missile silos, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 12.998 billion Bisis are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Spirituality, and Education are also considered important, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lombardi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.2%.
The all-consuming Bisimian economy, worth a remarkable 1,890 trillion Jewels a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 145,452 Jewels, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 680,471 per year while the poor average 18,573, a ratio of 36.6 to 1.
T-shirts displaying a photo of Golg performing the Full-Monty are selling out, lavish state dinners in Lombardi are the state's leading budgetary expenditure, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes, and future leaders of Bisim regularly dismiss pressing political issues when available options don't conform to their worldview. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Bisim's national animal is the Salamander, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Anarchestan".
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Black Market.
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland"".
- : Bisim voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Nuclear Armaments".
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Securing Nuclear Materials from dastardly Menaces".
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Bisim voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Eternal Scholars"".
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Bisim was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
Endorsements Received: None.