|Animal||affirmative action employee|
The United Confederal Republic of Biscany is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 581 million Biscans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, with Defense and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Laye. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.0%.
The all-consuming Biscan economy, worth 58.6 trillion extra chromosomes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an impressive 100,866 extra chromosomes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 605,742 per year while the poor average 7,594, a ratio of 79.8 to 1.
Baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets, nihilistic thrill-seekers claim that suicide by roller coaster is the ultimate life experience, and eminent domain has been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Biscany's national animal is the affirmative action employee, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Biscany, eminent domain has been abolished.
- : Biscany was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Biscany changed its national animal to "affirmative action employee".
- : Biscany changed its national demonym to "Biscan".
- : Following new legislation in Biscany, nihilistic thrill-seekers claim that suicide by roller coaster is the ultimate life experience.
- : Following new legislation in Biscany, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Biscany, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward.
- : Biscany endorsed The Coporate Police State of Ziguerra.
- : Following new legislation in Biscany, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Biscany, homeless people are frequently charged with trespassing on public property.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Peacockastan, New Slovakastan, Heplon, Bonnie Blue Republic, Malsistan, Nordhpadhan, Free Carscia, Moosylvania, Greater Mericure, Unitary Occitania, The Democracy of Red Star, Saxophone Empire, South-Central Rhodesia, RonSwansoni, Hollip, Volans, Deims Kir, Voivodato di Uyutta, Nadal Mobianordia, Legoa, Saint Gloria, Mercantana, Scalpulavakiia, Orksian, The Brown Group, Anatalle, The Kald Hyrentargetudia, Buryasia, Ugul Flugul, Bourgoisa, Rhodesiaaa, Meropis, Phorbus, and Ziguerra.