The Open Cage of Birdkeeper is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Nidicolous with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.013 billion Keepers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Public Transport, Defense, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eagle Point. The average income tax rate is 33.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Keeper economy, worth 225 trillion Avians a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 28,173 Avians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign spirits are hard to find due to an abundance of "Cletus and Jim Bob's Homemade Keeper Moonshine", the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, and the sanitised and dull music festivals of Birdkeeper are famed for their reasonable volume levels. Crime is totally unknown. Birdkeeper's national animal is the Finch, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Birdkeeper's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Shoeshiner" to "Sprat".
- : Birdkeeper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Birdkeeper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Birdkeeper was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Birdkeeper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Birdkeeper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Birdkeeper was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Birdkeeper's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Page" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Birdkeeper's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Birdkeeper relocated from Lazarus to The South Pacific.