The Free Land of Birch 73 is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, avowedly heterosexual populace, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 3.005 billion Birch 73ians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 37.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Birch 73ian economy, worth 90.2 trillion leaves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Pizza Delivery, Soda Sales, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 30,023 leaves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates, recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, when shaking hands with foreign leaders Leader wears an armoured gauntlet, and the nation grinds to a halt on the anniversary of every marginally noteworthy event. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Birch 73's national animal is the tree, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Birch 73's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Birch 73's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Birch 73's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Birch 73's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Birch 73's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Birch 73 relocated from Saint indopeland storage box to Primitiveness.
- : Birch 73 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Birch 73's influence in Saint indopeland storage box rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Birch 73 relocated from Primitiveness to Saint indopeland storage box.
- : Birch 73 founded the region Saint indopeland storage box.