The Free Land of Birch 68 is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its public floggings, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.991 billion Birch 68ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, although Healthcare, Education, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 27.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Birch 68ian economy, worth 117 trillion leaves a year, is led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,236 leaves, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Copyright laws have been abolished, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups, multilingual concierges man empty inner city apartment blocks, and the nation's most "productive" diamond mine hasn't been operational for seven months. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Birch 68's national animal is the tree, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Birch 68 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Birch 68's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Birch 68's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Birch 68's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Birch 68's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Birch 68's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Birch 68 relocated from Star to Primitiveness.
- : Birch 68 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Birch 68's influence in Star rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Birch 68 relocated from Primitiveness to Star.