The Republic of Birch 246 is a massive, pleasant nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, state-planned economy, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.673 billion Birch 246ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 8.6%.
The strong Birch 246ian economy, worth 70.0 trillion leaves a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Retail. Average income is 26,170 leaves, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
The state has declared war on the environment and environmentalists by association, military training in Birch 246 emphasizes the tactical advantages of stabbing backs, singing in public is only allowed if you are singing the praise of the Motherland, and community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common. Crime is a serious problem. Birch 246's national animal is the tree, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Birch 246's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Birch 246 relocated from Space Folding to The Rejected Realms.
- : Birch 246 was ejected from Space Folding by The Refugi Flagship of The CRS Adequate.
- : Birch 246 relocated from Primitiveness to Space Folding.
- : Birch 246 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Birch 246's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Birch 246's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Birch 246's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Birch 246's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Birch 246's influence in Primitiveness rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".