|Capital||Upper Kumbukta West|
|Faith||Life the universe and everything|
The Democratic Republic of Biddelonia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mrs McGillicuddy with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, national health service, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.399 billion Biddelonians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Upper Kumbukta West. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Biddelonian economy, worth 355 trillion Buntas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 148,118 Buntas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, the government is avowedly secular, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and shady doctors seem to have impeccable records. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Biddelonia's national animal is the Wobbledigook, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Life the universe and everything.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Biddelonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy".
- : Following new legislation in Biddelonia, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : Following new legislation in Biddelonia, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Biddelonia, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Following new legislation in Biddelonia, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables.
- : Following new legislation in Biddelonia, getting an abortion takes less hassle than writing a letter.
- : Following new legislation in Biddelonia, sheepish teenagers are making eye contact with their parents for the first time in a decade during state-enforced 'no-phones hour'.
- : Following new legislation in Biddelonia, depression sinks in after each election when voters realize they are stuck with these people for years.
- : Following new legislation in Biddelonia, voting is compulsory.
- : Biddelonia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".