The People's Republic of Bibliophilius is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Bibliogogue with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, otherworldly petting zoo, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 2.514 billion Bibliophilians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bibliopolis. The average income tax rate is 93.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bibliophiliusian economy, worth 387 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 154,240 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Disaster relief budgets are growing like wildfire, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, nude art is becoming wildly popular, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime is totally unknown. Bibliophilius's national animal is the Goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bibliophilius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Bibliophilius voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drop Your Pants".
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, disaster relief budgets are growing like wildfire.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Bibliophilians.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Bibliophilius, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Vulga, Kethania, Ganjallia, Luftetia, Rothnia, Virgondo, Marxmeans, Vestrik, Pajonia, Karelianastan, Parangaba, Shamian, New Mandoras, Lippefess, Uinted Communist of Africa, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics23, Bruzzundunga, Rubumba, Hispania Aeterna, Stershumbaamistan, Phallas, Council of America, Itilien, Falkland Union, Arbados Balarascia, Crescent Commune, Transbiansylvania, Saint Shepard, New Wark Turulov, Majdoor, New Soviet States of America, Ambaniala, Tanamerah, Virdmar, Blakkland, Nueva Zulia, Amogus diwan, Socialist Proletariat Republics, Mavors, Illeron, Caerebor, North Fluedan, Imperial Plumbus, Kheshiga, PXAQ, United States of Stalinia, The Reunification of Korea, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Dimitrija, Pro Bey, and 48 others.Old Mare, Evaristia, Maxuus, Berlin Commune, Vilouki, West Plavia, Jacarta, Great Galanthia, Secutor, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Lorthanien, St Lyaos, The palace of God 2, Domona, Dagorach, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, Huelistan, Southern Taraxacia, -Gregoria, Cassaracen, Soviet Felines, The State of Mao, A Post-Apocalyptic Wasteland, Anarhic Morrowind, Benjina, Neo-Narasimhania, Dudaev, Kitchen Nation, United States of Buffaloia, Sirijiva, New Karov, Neo Tyranis, Kergstan, Pyralspite, Sneuna, Orasad, Hopolieistan, Turtalia, New United Islands, Greater Hongshan, Socialist Heronia, Picuros, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Floreznia, Sodoran Alesia, The Passerine Islands, Whatevernext, and Saorta.