The Republic of BFORD is a tiny, socially progressive nation, notable for its stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 16 million BFORDians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 47.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The developing BFORDian economy, worth 458 billion dollars a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 28,633 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military spending is on the increase, citizens often ask "what has information technology ever done for us?", and TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. BFORD's national animal is the penguin , which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : BFORD's influence in Essientopia fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : BFORD's influence in Essientopia fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- : BFORD's influence in Essientopia fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : BFORD's influence in Essientopia rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : BFORD relocated from Wintreath to Essientopia.
- : BFORD's influence in Wintreath rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : BFORD was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : BFORD's influence in Wintreath rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : BFORD relocated from The South Pacific to Wintreath.
- : Following new legislation in BFORD, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
Endorsements Received: None.