The Protectorate of Beyo is a massive, safe nation, ruled by William Never with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.457 billion Beyoans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Administration, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangriang City. The average income tax rate is 8.3%.
The strong Beyoan economy, worth 99.0 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. Average income is 67,943 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves, the Gallery of Instasnap is the most popular museum in the country, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, and babies are a small but significant export. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Beyo's national animal is the sheep, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beyo's influence in United Nations of Earthlings rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Beyo's influence in United Nations of Earthlings rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Beyo's influence in United Nations of Earthlings rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Beyo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Beyo, babies are a small but significant export.
- : Following new legislation in Beyo, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Beyo, the Gallery of Instasnap is the most popular museum in the country.
- : Following new legislation in Beyo, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Beyo, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
- : Following new legislation in Beyo, only adults may purchase violent video games.