|Leader||President Nina Roeal|
The Republic of Besen is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by President Nina Roeal with an even hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate population of 4.997 billion Besenians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lipa. The average income tax rate is 59.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Besenian economy, worth 223 trillion Risas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 44,733 Risas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Besenian watches are often the only thing to survive a disaster intact, the police have been known to wiretap confessional boxes, holiday light displays just aren't the same without seizure-inducing strobe effects, and religious epiphanies are often cited as a reason for high school drop-outs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Besen's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheist.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Besen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Besen's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Besen was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of MacGillOnia.
- : Besen's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Besen's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Besen endorsed The People's Commune of Helvurium.
- : Besen's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Besen's influence in Social Liberal Union rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Besen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Besen was endorsed by The Golden Forest of Typica.