The Empire of Besancia is a huge, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 656 million Besancians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sakobe. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Besancian economy, worth 62.0 trillion Roenars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 94,533 Roenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
More money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself, political hopefuls must announce their intentions decades in advance to accommodate extensive background checks, the country is rumored to be a Brancalandian puppet state, and the nation has nearly as many history museums as Besancians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Besancia's national animal is the Griffin, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Besancians.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, the country is rumored to be a Brancalandian puppet state.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, political hopefuls must announce their intentions decades in advance to accommodate extensive background checks.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, more money is spent on policing the welfare system for abuse than on the welfare system itself.
- : Besancia was endorsed by The McNuke Depot of Ermica.
- : Besancia endorsed The Dictatorship of Southern Sarthe.
- : Besancia endorsed The Rogue Nation of Strinerism.
- : Besancia endorsed The Decuple Monarchy of Taungu.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Besancia's radio stations.
- : Following new legislation in Besancia, all screens are equal but some are more equal than others.
Endorsements Received: 71 » ASEAN Nations, Marvinville, Zon island, Teonage, Rayekka, Camellias, The Marconian State, Islonia, Fishergate, Hydra dragon, United Faith Kingdom, CN888, Zermanny, Titanne, The Bigtopia, The Greater Ohio Valley, Giant Redwoods, Hartenia, Quitman Mississippi, Marie Byrd, Salkor, United Nams, Stanlaren, Piracho Sake, Wolventoft, Belsiaria, Rushenberg, Hulldom, The Peoples Caribbean Union, The United Socialist Republic of India, Le Caldreaux, Taralania, KyrieEleison, Unedongo, German Moravia, Mandorc, Celdoria, The kingdom of datlofia, Gyliea, North Hinterlund, Shoila, Uppenja, Orleanth, Quelectoran, Emmadia, Senota, Food can into Space, Logotia, Castarilia, Korsinia, and 21 others.Olmstria, Orsily, Lemonadia, Nuadh Caledonia, Nouvelle Valois, Monserrate and Cabirolera, New United Goryeo, Mafsachufetts Bay, Peabodia, Brototh, Actias, Emazia, Arirang Hill, Broustan, Rivogna, EUSKAL HERRI ASKATUTA, World Trade, Crakatiel, Dizgovzy, Taungu, and Ermica.