The Empire of Beriwen is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Cordelia Scott with an even hand, and notable for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.434 billion Beriwenians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Siville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Beriwenian economy, worth a remarkable 2,770 trillion Beriens a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 222,783 Beriens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
"It was only a joke" is no longer a defense for the felony of discrimination, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and couples kissing on the street are detained for 'unlawful exchange of genetic material'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beriwen's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lutheran Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beriwen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, couples kissing on the street are detained for 'unlawful exchange of genetic material'.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators.
- : Beriwen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, reporters often lose their jobs over fact-checking errors.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, "It was only a joke" is no longer a defense for the felony of discrimination.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Beriwen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, holiday light displays just aren't the same without seizure-inducing strobe effects.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Mousebumples, Katkasistan, Samuelstani, Unisteia, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Akeland, Wollastonite, Le Libertia, Mediocrea, Spudlandia, Arqhua, Voxum Mortalum, Awesomepotomia, Lethen, Woodleland, Gooblaria, Free Rosabell, Nivgrad, Estanglia, Trackeendy, Genistan, Liberepublia, Brickfield, Vlazinova, Pirataria, Purgitz, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Yugarritia, Pentisia, Poquaoi, Ipsonasia, Utopian Earth, United Kingdoms of Redania, Polgaria, Eumenides, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, New Ryloth, Eloscape, Precisely Nothing, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Saarland-Niederbayern, Emastalia, Purple Ruthenia, Taskete, and 45 others.Caffeinated, Greatnessity City, Kingdom of Stargard, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Galiciajulian12345, Asian Hatia, Windmill, Arnasas, West Wirral, Elaeria, Thurston, Pakistan 55, Andradus, Penlopa, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Almendron, Romanengo City, ShadyStans, Leuxas, Sablania, New France Republic, Hesskin Empire, Polo-Baltica, Royal Alchemia, Barcelona and Girona, Pygania, Waterloo Battle, P0ptr0pica, Ganud, Geektopia, Pland Adanna, The Democratic Peoples, Estingberg, Sincluda, Rawatna, Euramericasia, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Elwin, Alpharod, Cyberpunk, Illyrda, The Nation of the People of the Nation, and The Republic of IceIceJay.