The Empire of Beriwen is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Cordelia Scott with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, hatred of cheese, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cheerful population of 15.564 billion Beriwenians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Siville. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Beriwenian economy, worth a remarkable 3,547 trillion Beriens a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 227,948 Beriens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework, antique comic book collectors are disappointed to hear that their treasures are worth exactly as little as their mothers said they were, and the BBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beriwen's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lutheran Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, the BBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, antique comic book collectors are disappointed to hear that their treasures are worth exactly as little as their mothers said they were.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, the new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves.
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Beriwen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Elysium Station II".
- : Following new legislation in Beriwen, minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home.
- : Beriwen voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Commission on Sentient and sapient rights".
- : Beriwen endorsed The Youngling of Baobab-Bumbaria.
- : Beriwen endorsed The Republic of Scarlington.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Mousebumples, Katkasistan, Samuelstani, Elizabeth II Windsor, Raghallaigh, Akeland, Le Libertia, Mediocrea, Arqhua, Voxum Mortalum, Awesomepotomia, Lethen, Woodleland, Gooblaria, Free Rosabell, Nivgrad, Trackeendy, Brickfield, Pirataria, Yugarritia, Poquaoi, United Kingdoms of Redania, Polgaria, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, Eloscape, Precisely Nothing, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Emastalia, Caffeinated, Kingdom of Stargard, West Wirral, Almendron, Royal Alchemia, Barcelona and Girona, P0ptr0pica, Ganud, Geektopia, Pland Adanna, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, The Lost Men, Tarkovinia, Tital Mania, Greatnessity City, Deliber, New Mercia and Helena, Estingberg, Cato2, and 56 others.Turpotia, Spartacistan, Lastoina, Thaumania, Astrellan, Gemeinschaftsland, Stefoland, Land of Bobtopia, Koroniti, Old Aweic Wirs, Myotatunto, Possibly this, Cutias, Siburian, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Libertatem Omnibus, Nairatania, Waluigi Park, Zecklandia, Enuroland, Unidoria, Newpollis, The Militarist States of America, New Fenyr, Skyhawk Clan, Dead Warrior Daddy, South Parter, Thice Frostalt, Murden, Ludovicia, Selgary, Kurvix, Kiatland, Turks and Francs, Atlas-Preussen, Paxlond, Maowi, Saturnia Tellus, Votokia, Nilao, Freelandy, Prov, Decnotixa, Aevana, Penlopa, Northeastern Italian, Purple Ruthenia, Primorye Oblast, Turkesbenizstan, Andro, Malevos, Steium, Loegia, Korektonon, Scarlington, and Baobab-Bumbaria.