The Allied States of Bergenu is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Griffen with an even hand, and renowned for its smutty television, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 20.072 billion Bergenuans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bergenu City. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Bergenuan economy, worth a remarkable 1,274 trillion bergs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 63,503 bergs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mathematicians are hated by children across the country, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Bergenuan language, and undergrads find their professors' mushroom experiments less psychedelic than expected. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bergenu's national animal is the Southern Pygmy Pig, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bergenu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Bergenu was endorsed by The Empire of SEEKERIUM.
- : Bergenu was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Aumeltopia.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenu, undergrads find their professors' mushroom experiments less psychedelic than expected.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenu, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Bergenuan language.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenu, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenu, mathematicians are hated by children across the country.
- : Bergenu endorsed The Dude with Two Divisors of Roavin.
- : Bergenu endorsed The Republic of Vlod.
- : Bergenu was endorsed by The Dude with Two Divisors of Roavin.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Fudgetopia, Darakin, Potatodom, Kiasu-ism, Soem, Curlyhoward, Ancient Slobovia, Cape Adare, The Bloodguard, Tsunamy, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Drugged Monkeys, SJS Republic, Trelatche, Bugmalandia, Zadiner, Farengeto, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Belschaft, Opimo, Quiescent, Bonaugure, Pencil Sharpeners 2, FreeFishers, The Resigned, Hypoldersia, Patrykstan, The Solar System Scope, Luddinlande, Akiponesia, Infectum, Saganye, Land Without Shrimp, The Great Library, Transtemporal Shifts, Khazaraistan, Aschenburg, Apiawai, Calunia, Techganet, Fitonia, Vlod, and SEEKERIUM.