The Federal Republic of Bergenaria is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Anna Murphy with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and frequent executions. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 1.411 billion Bergenarians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Farbanti. The average income tax rate is 35.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bergenarian economy, worth 227 trillion American dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 161,470 American dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, the Bergenaria Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', and business leaders commend the government for enacting a emissions reduction strategy that reduces no Bergenarian emissions at all. Crime is totally unknown. Bergenaria's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bergenaria was endorsed by The Free Land of The The Bierands.
- : Bergenaria was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenaria, business leaders commend the government for enacting a emissions reduction strategy that reduces no Bergenarian emissions at all.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenaria, the Bergenaria Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenaria, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Bergenaria was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Bergenaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in Bergenaria, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenaria, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.
- : Following new legislation in Bergenaria, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities.
Endorsements Received: 118 » Notyoutopia, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Unimaginable Doom, Upper Portlandia, Sunto, Holy Oranz, Sil Dorsett, Enosville, Wisconsota, Siwale, Reannia, Xentherida, Selfgradatude, Morrn, Elspeth and Samina, Vazali, Ovsterland, American MapleStory, Kaschovia, Arcadia of Kasterborous, Lord Ravenclaw, Empy, BouncyAbbeyKitty, Alice Gardens, Valdr, Upper Sam Dodovi, Tharissus, Southern Stroraia, Vegetarian States, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Mercy Land, Q w e r t y, Colony of lasting Hopes, Ostrinios, Omicron Persei V111, Lupus Imperium, Klettureyja, Guslantis, HMS Unicorn, Isimud, Ainsworth, The Rossinite Empire, Bonjoura, Northern Gala Arment Toustavo, Heritage Quay, Pallaith, Malta Comino Gozo, PlanetPunk, and 68 others.Solestia, Apetopia, Kingdom of Space, Shadowrik, Ateala, ABC, Bharathvarsh, DeGuts, Coemgen, Kwaj, Frances Francis the First of France, Flooforia, Vauren, Great Solordia, Amerian States, Vinantis, Rouene, The Iron Lions, Xinchao, Sankami, General COE, SillyString, Moristia, The Galactic Triumvirate, Unsophisticate, Chinstralia, Vszeklina, Friently, Jenner-Kardash, Hong Kong Empire, Wicheye, South Grand Mountain, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Necromonia, Faxfleet, Koda-Land, Aenglaland, Cleoskye, Victoriaans Nederlands, Diodone, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Kelvaros Prime, Auceorion, Anima Proxa, Kobagia, Lamexanope, Rylam, Dadastan Archipelago, Che Sana Und, Fawkenia, Kizja, Religioncord, Zedeya, Pleroma Sans Romans, McMasterdonia, Forunte, Yukti, Marsh Castle, Maestros haven, Sheppey, Plembobria, Southern Dracs, Prevaland, French Bananastan, Zemnaya Svoboda, The Akhara Islands, and The The Bierands.