|Leader||Prime Minister Jeremy Godwin Parfit|
|Faith||De facto Atheism|
The Democratic Republic of Benthamania is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister Jeremy Godwin Parfit with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory vegetarianism, complete lack of prisons, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.358 billion Benthamanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sidgwickton. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Benthamanian economy, worth a remarkable 2,094 trillion hedons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 250,564 hedons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government statisticians explain census inaccuracies by declaring that "Sith happens", exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, and the art of conversation has been rediscovered. Crime is totally unknown. Benthamania's national animal is the bison, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is De facto Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Benthamania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Benthamania voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, exam halls are littered with used needles and empty pill bottles.
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, government statisticians explain census inaccuracies by declaring that "Sith happens".
- : Following new legislation in Benthamania, the state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation.
- : Benthamania endorsed The Decidedly not holy nation of Foril.
- : Benthamania endorsed The Federation of Greatnessity City.
- : Benthamania was endorsed by The Federation of Greatnessity City.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Raghallaigh, Almendron, Voxum Mortalum, Mousebumples, Le Libertia, Katkasistan, Lethen, Awesomepotomia, Wollastonite, Cortlandt Manor, Akeland, Spudlandia, Woodleland, Trackeendy, Liberepublia, Arqhua, Free Rosabell, Mousa Liberty, Brickfield, Genistan, Vlazinova, Pirataria, Yugarritia, Gooblaria, Polgaria, Poquaoi, Eumenides, Ipsonasia, Acapais, Arvigiel, Zakanda, New Ryloth, Precisely Nothing, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Purple Ruthenia, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Ajaccino, Caffeinated, Pakistan 55, Kingdom of Stargard, Koroniti, West Wirral, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Asian Hatia, Andradus, Primorye Oblast, and 37 others.Tassaland, ShadyStans, Leuxas, Penlopa, New France Republic, Barcelona and Girona, Royal Alchemia, Pygania, Sablania, Corovos, Geektopia, Ganud, Boopityboopboop, The Democratic Peoples, Taskete, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Cyberpunk, The Republic of IceIceJay, Sudmar Island, The Lost Men, Tarkovinia, Deliber, Lurinsk, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Euperis, Patriotic Poland, Laudesia, Caketon, Tital Mania, Sanjira, Ecodandia, The Nation of the People of the Nation, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, Foril, and Greatnessity City.