The Federation of Benolia is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.124 billion Benolians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 80.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Benolian economy, worth 491 trillion Drachmas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 119,161 Drachmas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, cosmopolitan citizens ask what their countries can do for them, politicians sweat as journalists scour internet archives for any mention of them, and the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Benolia's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Benolia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Benolia revoked its national leader.
- : Benolia revoked its national faith.
- : Benolia revoked its national capital.
- : Benolia altered its national flag.
- : Benolia relocated from Balder to The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Benolia, the "feminist protest" defence is increasingly common for cases of armed robbery.
- : Benolia changed its national nation type to "Federation".
- : Benolia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Benolia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".