The Empire of Benisfield is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 332 million Benisfieldians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Benisfield. The average income tax rate is 69.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Benisfieldian economy, worth 29.5 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 88,850 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Benisfield, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, and crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Benisfield's national animal is the leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Benisfield relocated from The Rejected Realms to Tatenda.
- : Benisfield relocated from Tatenda to The Rejected Realms.
- : Benisfield was ejected from Tatenda by The State of Waybaria.
- : Benisfield's influence in Tatenda rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Benisfield, crocodile roadkill is smeared across the asphalt of the new Formula One track.
- : Benisfield endorsed The Federal Republic of West-Berlin-Area.
- : Benisfield relocated from The North Pacific to Tatenda.
- : Following new legislation in Benisfield, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in Benisfield, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Benisfield.
- : Following new legislation in Benisfield, the term cold case has taken on a very literal meaning.
Endorsements Received: None.