The Manifest Destiny of Benevolent Thomas is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Thomas with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, humorless population of 12.888 billion Benevolent enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort Triumph. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Benevolent economy, worth a remarkable 1,633 trillion Golds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 126,752 Golds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 361,351 per year while the poor average 35,454, a ratio of 10.2 to 1.
You need two tenors and a coloratura contralto to sing the national anthem properly, the Finance Ministry posts hourly updates on where taxpayer money is spent, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, and no one born in Benevolent Thomas can fix a leaky faucet. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Benevolent Thomas's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Benevolent Thomas's influence in Fort Triumph rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Benevolent Thomas's influence in Fort Triumph rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Benevolent Thomas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Benevolent Thomas's influence in Fort Triumph rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Benevolent Thomas's influence in Fort Triumph rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Benevolent Thomas was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Benevolent Thomas altered its national flag.
- : Benevolent Thomas relocated from Balder to Fort Triumph.
- : Benevolent Thomas was refounded in Balder.
- : Benevolent Thomas ceased to exist in Fort Triumph.