The Human-Grey Hybrid Gentry of Benevolent 69 is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Klaatu-69 with an even hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 11.272 billion Benevolents enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Spirituality, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ellipse-Sector 69. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Benevolent economy, worth 197 trillion Gorts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 17,480 Gorts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's once beautiful countryside has turned brown as farmers spray potent pesticides, the military has declared that 'a woman's place is in the mess hall', Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and the country is rumored to be a Brancalandian puppet state. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Benevolent 69's national animal is the human-grey hybrid, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Gaianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Benevolent 69's influence in Pangaea fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- : Benevolent 69 changed its national leader to "Klaatu-69".
- : Benevolent 69's influence in Pangaea fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Benevolent 69 lodged a message on the Pangaea Regional Message Board.
- : Benevolent 69 updated the World Factbook entry in Pangaea.
- : Benevolent 69 agreed to construct embassies between Pangaea and BENEVOLENT EMPIRE.
- : Benevolent 69 altered its national flag.
- : Benevolent 69 changed its national animal to "human-grey hybrid".
- : Benevolent 69 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dead.
- : Benevolent 69's influence in Pangaea rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".