The Empire of Bend Mai is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Erick I with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, soft-spoken computers, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, cheerful population of 4.165 billion Bend Maians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Siorjo. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Bend Maian economy, worth 946 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 227,147 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Messiah (formerly known as Brian) is a mayoral candidate, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders, and police officers find government bureaucracy more terrifying than most serial killers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bend Mai's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Elotasni.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bend Mai's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bend Mai was refounded in Balder.
- : Bend Mai ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Bend Mai was endorsed by The Reaper of Lord Dominator.
- : Bend Mai was endorsed by The Socialist State of Testnation223.
- : Bend Mai was endorsed by The Lycan Queendom of Ephiny.
- : Bend Mai was endorsed by The Free Land of Aedeloya.
- : Bend Mai was endorsed by The United States of Miyasaka.
- : Bend Mai was endorsed by The Colony of Left Knees.
- : Bend Mai was endorsed by The Free Land of Aoneloda.