The Cantankerous Curmudgeon of Belschaft is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by James Lambert with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 19.747 billion Belschaftians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New London. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Belschaftian economy, worth a remarkable 4,701 trillion Federal Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 238,106 Federal Pounds, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government helps teach children how to kill a man from six paces, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, public intoxication has decreased ever since fraternities were banned, and citizens recently voted in favour of declaring bubblewrap an 'abomination of nature'. Crime is totally unknown. Belschaft's national animal is the Evil Unicorn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belschaft was endorsed by The Pacifist States of The United Expanse.
- : Belschaft was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Sugarcaneland.
- : Belschaft was endorsed by The Libertarian Republic of Aztoss Timen.
- : Belschaft was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Belschaft voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Order of the Grey Wardens".
- : Belschaft was endorsed by The Colony of Calunia.
- : Belschaft was endorsed by The Grand Colonial Commonwealth of Aschenburg.
- : Belschaft was endorsed by The Kingdom of Rondopolis.
- : Belschaft's influence in The South Pacific fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Belschaft lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Pencil Sharpeners 2, Nusankana, Akiponesia, Luddinlande, Esu19, Erandea, Kholdan, Imkitopia, Saganye, Land Without Shrimp, Tea and Biscuits 2017, Opimo, Akabaka, Catakia, United Billia, Infectum, The Great Library, United Federated States of Omega, SJS Republic, Tsunamy, Farengeto, Aschenburg, Calunia, Aztoss Timen, Sugarcaneland, and The United Expanse.