|Leader||Governor Maria Joćo Cunha|
The Autonomous Colony of Beloura is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Governor Maria Joćo Cunha with an even hand, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.048 billion Belourans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leiria. The average income tax rate is 30.4%.
The thriving Belouran economy, worth 194 trillion Belouran Cruzadoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 94,828 Belouran Cruzadoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Bins outnumber trees in city parks, recreational drug businesses are regularly pruned if they grow above the maximum legal size, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, and fat-shaming is now public policy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beloura's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Progressive Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beloura was endorsed by The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen.
- : Beloura was endorsed by The Empire of Grijo.
- : Beloura endorsed The Empire of Grijo.
- : Beloura withdrew its endorsement from The Senate and People of Hugoland.
- : Beloura endorsed The Enlightened Republic of Bad Omen.
- : Following new legislation in Beloura, fat-shaming is now public policy.
- : Following new legislation in Beloura, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Beloura, recreational drug businesses are regularly pruned if they grow above the maximum legal size.
- : Beloura lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Beloura, bins outnumber trees in city parks.