|Leader||Governor Maria Joćo Cunha|
The Autonomous Colony of Beloura is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Governor Maria Joćo Cunha with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 2.819 billion Belourans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leiria. The average income tax rate is 36.8%.
The thriving Belouran economy, worth 262 trillion Belouran Cruzadoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. Average income is 93,203 Belouran Cruzadoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Fat-shaming is now public policy, students and teachers are regularly stopped and searched for symbols of religious affiliation before class, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", and immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beloura's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Progressive Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beloura was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Portugal and Great Britannia.
- : Beloura's influence in Portugal fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Beloura was endorsed by The Republic of Comunabot3000.
- : Beloura was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Beloura's influence in Portugal rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Beloura was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Portugal Galiza and Algarves.
- : Beloura was endorsed by The Shogunato of Peterandia.
- : Following new legislation in Beloura, immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs.
- : Beloura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Convention on Animal Testing"".
- : Beloura lodged a message on the Portugal Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 12 » Herya, Totaristan, Medar, Apartamento, The Portuguese Workers, Condado da Feira, Grijo, Bad Omen, DO NOT EJECT ME PORRA, Peterandia, Portugal Galiza and Algarves, and Portugal and Great Britannia.