The Craggy Hills of Belmoren is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Wesley Torensson with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.841 billion Belmorenites enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ardmore. The average income tax rate is 80.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Belmorenian economy, worth 358 trillion kroner a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 73,963 kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's a bright dawn ahead for Belmoren, Wesley Torensson's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, it's been a banner year for local vexillology, and the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Belmoren's national animal is the Potoo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belmoren was endorsed by The Parliamentary Republic of Trixeland.
- : Belmoren was endorsed by The Morning Peace of Apabeossie.
- : Following new legislation in Belmoren, the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned.
- : Belmoren voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Belmoren voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Belmoren, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Following new legislation in Belmoren, Wesley Torensson's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Belmoren was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Bensonsign.
- : Belmoren lost the endorsement of The Democratic Republic of Esvonia.
- : Belmoren was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Esvonia.
Endorsements Received: 99 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Pilipinas and Malaya, Maritzal, GanymedEuropa, Galway-Dublin, Ahma, Falvaard, Chioganah, Imperium Anglorum, Saint Domingo, Sinclairtown, Yahlia, Regnum Italiae, Brakanistan, Wombelland, The New Nordic Union, Northern German Federation, Super Happy Land, Germany Third Reich, Irminsulia, Bohomo, Dark Matter, St Scarlett, Purgatio, Thracia Republic, Saiwania, Slavonia and Srijem, Leszno, Puerto Thelosia, An Clar, Lovisa, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Feria-Alkaline, Thracia and Crimea, North of Americas, Slavorussia, Cytadela, Supcotia, Jim the Baptist, Outer Sparta, Republic of Satherland, Leranditale, Kenmoria WA Mission, Nardin, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Nevelja, Elisabethshagen, Alsted, Mallesia, and 49 others.Stromia, Neuchateau, Walfo, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, Shagolaa, Continental Social Democrats, Prussian-Union, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Champions League, Invernessia, Someseni, Chronus, Sloburg, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Destyntine, Othenhiem, Grodisze, Socialist Balkans, Nuclear lammi, Abject Ludicrosity, Shaor, The Kingdom of Denmark, Terdiatlans, South St Maarten, Jahass, Lodhs beard, Vieternozsk, Sienkahn, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Meropis, Rivierenland, Lundelbell, Crestphalia, Drew Durrnil, The New Mexican Confederation, Savinecross, Vostokian Union, Dizgovzy, Pavaludia, United Engiresco, Parliamentary Laramidia, Enway, ENOTRIA, Bensonsign, Apabeossie, and Trixeland.