The Federal Republic of Bellcon is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ryder Blackwood with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, infamous sell-swords, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed population of 3.116 billion Bellconians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Surrell. The average income tax rate is 54.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bellconian economy, worth 456 trillion Bellconian bells a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 146,523 Bellconian bells, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend, citizens have never heard foreign radio, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bellcon's national animal is the Bellconian Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Bellconian Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bellcon, Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer.
- : Following new legislation in Bellcon, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Bellcon, citizens have never heard foreign radio.
- : Following new legislation in Bellcon, judicial robes are the country's hottest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Bellcon, giant beards and handlebar moustaches are increasingly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Bellcon, soldiers must key in their passwords every time they want to reload their weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Bellcon, multilingual concierges man empty inner city apartment blocks.
- : Bellcon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Bellcon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Bellcon was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Gotho.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Rary, North of Americas, Eppur, Berlin and Hanover, Elisabethshagen, Walfo, Invernessia, Eco-Paris Reformation, Saint Domingo, Northern German Federation, Thracia Republic, The Champions League, Meropis, Kanokla, Yahlia, Regnum Italiae, Dabarastan, GanymedEuropa, Imperium Anglorum, St Scarlett, Irminsulia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Christian Terra, Moravian-Silesian Kingdom, Wegensburg, Jim the Baptist, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Leukante, Dervenland, Agausia, Anclus, Chioganah, Pilipinas and Malaya, Dark Matter, Soveiniesberg, The States of Texas and Arkansas, New Eestiball, The Asten Islands, Krynx, Thracia and Crimea, Ausvelt, Heplon, Why are we hear, Mojuatafurertopeopir, Corsoaua, Zulrich, New Vorarlberg, Vulxo, Zelenskraine, and Gotho.