|Faith||A Major Religion|
The Republic of Belkhomir is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by The Marshal with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, cynical population of 2.227 billion Belkhomirians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lochanna Oighir. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The very strong Belkhomirian economy, worth 165 trillion Ducsts a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is 74,522 Ducsts, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 220,843 per year while the poor average 19,742, a ratio of 11.2 to 1.
Everyone apparently sends The Marshal hair-filled lockets, offers to die heroically, and poetic desires to co-parent a child, A Major Religion has been named as Belkhomir's national religion, Belkhomir has designated Lochanna Oighir as its capital city, and The Marshal has just been declared ruler of Belkhomir in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Belkhomir's national animal is the Rook and its national religion is A Major Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belkhomir's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Belkhomir's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Belkhomir relocated from First World Order to Lazarus.
- : Belkhomir relocated from Lazarus to First World Order.
- : Belkhomir was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Belkhomir ceased to exist in Iron Skies.
- : Belkhomir's influence in Iron Skies fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Belkhomir's influence in Iron Skies fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Belkhomir's influence in Iron Skies fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Belkhomir's influence in Iron Skies fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".