|Leader||King Leopold I|
The Kingdom of Beliany is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by King Leopold I with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 5.208 billion Belians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bleugate. The average income tax rate is 22.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Belian economy, worth 338 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 65,090 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, Beliany's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beliany's national animal is the Falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beliany lodged a message on the Meillur Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Beliany, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- : Following new legislation in Beliany, Beliany's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Beliany, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Beliany's influence in Meillur rose from "Nipper" to "Handshaker".
- : Beliany relocated from Lazarus to Meillur.
- : Beliany was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Beliany ceased to exist in Meillur.
- : Following new legislation in Beliany, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Following new legislation in Beliany, the Belian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.