The Republic of Belate is a very large, pleasant nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-working population of 167 million Belateans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 18.4%.
The Belatean economy, worth 7.47 trillion Dolby's a year, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. Average income is 44,702 Dolby's, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, every week is blindness awareness week, gambling is outlawed, and military spending is on the increase. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force. Belate's national animal is the coyote, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belate's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Belate was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Belate relocated from The Union of Democratic States to The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Belate, military spending is on the increase.
- : Belate changed its national currency to "Dolby's" and its motto to "credimus".
- : Following new legislation in Belate, gambling is outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Belate, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Belate, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Belate, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Belate relocated from The North Pacific to The Union of Democratic States.