The Eternal Serene Republic of Beiluxia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by His Eternal President Mister Smiles with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.991 billion Beiluxians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Industry, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lovers-by-the-bay. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Beiluxian economy, worth a remarkable 1,778 trillion Smileyfaces a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 148,319 Smileyfaces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and selfie stick use is a required Scout badge. Crime is totally unknown. Beiluxia's national animal is the Happy-Panda-Bear-Sunshine, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beiluxia was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of LiberationVille.
- : Following new legislation in Beiluxia, selfie stick use is a required Scout badge.
- : Following new legislation in Beiluxia, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Beiluxia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Beiluxia, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- : Following new legislation in Beiluxia, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
- : Beiluxia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Beiluxia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
- : Following new legislation in Beiluxia, international collectors know that a grease-stain on a work of art probably means it's passed through Beiluxia.
- : Following new legislation in Beiluxia, the nightly news reports prosaically on the government blindly throwing money at despotic kidnappers.
Endorsements Received: 61 » The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Tzo, Earth Federation, Seranis, The Soylent Green Party, United Governments of Newrope, Achiotopia, Onarii, Grungerock, Zyrcrestia, Wolfhunters, Mystiquelle, Osea Island, FreeGunsForAll, Kelvinski, Spncrgmn, Coreras, Kokkinostan, Blogotopia, Slaytania, Samonaemia, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeklandia, New Katamenia, Zeganas, Aedue, The Tasmanian Islands, A Death Arena, Better Indonesia, Siuts, Iluuz, The Republic of The Sith, Kyrizstanislav, Spiritbw, Wysrod, Atlanta Island, Grimlandia, South Baker, Myopic, Rabbitomia, The Vare, Agenosa, Boltor, Soldaten des Hippokrates, Lastarte, DunNaGall, NorthernMassachusetts, Europe Inc, 123topia, Gentletopia, and 11 others.Crustacion, Edorask, Venkorata, United Socialists of the Highest Power, Tabbertonia, Hacame, Anollasia, Flezzola, Nyba, Craven States, and LiberationVille.