|Leader||Saint Thomas More|
The Neo-Socialist State of Beal is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Saint Thomas More with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.972 billion Beals enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Administration, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Defense is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beal City. The average income tax rate is 68.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bealian economy, worth 324 trillion Beals a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 109,094 Beals, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, cassocked priests and choirboys believe that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and Beals submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beal's national animal is the jaguar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beal's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Beal altered its national flag.
- : Beal applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Beal relocated from Lazarus to Texas.
- : Beal's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Beal's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Beal was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Beal ceased to exist in Texas.
- : Beal was endorsed by The Confederate States of Ole Dixieland.
- : Beal was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".