The United Socialist States of Beagle Point is a small, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 20 million Beagites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 39.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The developing Beagle Pointian economy, worth 648 billion Credits a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 32,424 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, foreign investment has dropped to a trickle after laws were passed preventing investors from taking their earnings abroad, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes, and airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beagle Point's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beagle Point was endorsed by The Space Pirate Empire of New Briantown.
- : Beagle Point was endorsed by The Shadowy Empire of Farengeto.
- : Beagle Point was endorsed by The Swiftly Tilting Land of Tsunamy.
- : Beagle Point's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Beagle Point was endorsed by The Commonwealth of United States of Vietnam.
- : Beagle Point was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Beagle Point was endorsed by The Queendom of 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121.
- : Beagle Point's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Beagle Point, airplanes have giant grilles on their noses to knock drones out of their path.
- : Following new legislation in Beagle Point, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Erinor, Beepee, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Volaworand, Bawkie, Luddinlande, Aidenfieeld, Paranoia, Great Vritannia, Hanguk-Nippon, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Sedunn, United States of Vietnam, Tsunamy, Farengeto, and New Briantown.