The Republic of Bawtania is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, unlimited-speed roads, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.316 billion Bawtanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 89.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Bawtanian economy, worth 322 trillion Almighty Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 139,376 Almighty Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it, textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be, and social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bawtania's national animal is the Manatee, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bawtania was endorsed by The Republic of Direwolf1.
- : Bawtania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content.
- : Bawtania was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, octogenarian swimsuit models insist that they've still got it.
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Bawtania was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Bawtania, calling dibs is an unalienable right.
- : Bawtania was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
Endorsements Received: 62 » Volaworand, Erinor, Saciu, Beepee, Anachronolandia, USNE2018, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Luddinlande, Wyatonians, Aumeltopia, Vincent Field, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Kandorith, Aywhyou, Jaxon, Jehenna, Auphelia, Sedunn, Whimichy, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Xandev, Farengeto, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, North Prarie, Wehraboos, Jahass, Academy of Umbrellas, North Catimestistrianes, Akindom, Drugged Monkeys, Sesteran, Tsunamy, Quiescent, Ostanasia, Agalaesia, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Wild Space, Kringalia, Great Africans, The Solar System Scope, Lakalvesoman, Dasko, Tsvetania, Phanama, Ariankido, Aurcania, Qawe, Ketathinamiri Islands, and 12 others.New Briantown, Churumduul, Qvait, Concrete Slab, Imperial Duck, Empa Aserium, Gecetesse, Mapico, Paranoia, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, and Direwolf1.