|Leader||Fazzio Spartacus di Roycewicz|
The New Bubastis of Bastetopia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Fazzio Spartacus di Roycewicz with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 8.683 billion Catuses have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberguale. The average income tax rate is 76.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Catus economy, worth a remarkable 1,041 trillion Mumus a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 119,982 Mumus, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
There's a bright dawn ahead for Bastetopia, only adults may purchase violent video games, the BBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, and eminent domain has been abolished. Crime is totally unknown. Bastetopia's national animal is the cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, eminent domain has been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, the BBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Bastetopia was endorsed by The Free Land of Miechow 2.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, only adults may purchase violent video games.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, there's a bright dawn ahead for Bastetopia.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, the nation's diplomats shake hands with those whose hands are drenched in the blood of innocents.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- : Following new legislation in Bastetopia, everybody's got wood thanks to Fazzio Spartacus di Roycewicz.
Endorsements Received: 70 » Republic of Satherland, Greate San Marino, Yahlia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, An Clar, Saint Domingo, Troltovia, Bohomo, Outer Sparta, Feria-Alkaline, St Scarlett, Kenmoria WA Mission, Viciebskaja, Slavonia and Srijem, Thracia Republic, Northern German Federation, Slavorussia, Imperium Anglorum, The New Nordic Union, Thracia and Crimea, Germany Third Reich, Pazano, Irminsulia, Jim the Baptist, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Pilipinas and Malaya, Alsted, Elisabethshagen, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Dark Matter, Supcotia, Permorania, Stromia, Walfo, Leszno, Regnum Italiae, The Wretched of this Earth, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Rijland, Neuchateau, Einswenn, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Kanokla, Continental Social Democrats, and 20 others.Alba-Nord, Riverpost, The Champions League, Prussian-Union, Invernessia, Someseni, Nardin, Destyntine, Transmontagne, Gultravia, Sloburg, Lyallpur, Leranditale, North of Americas, Ausvelt, Abject Ludicrosity, GanymedEuropa, The Seven Provinces, Savinecross, and Miechow 2.