The State of Basran is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.354 billion Basranis are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The medium-sized, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Defense, Spirituality, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Welfare and International Aid receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 20.0%.
The very strong Basranian economy, worth 131 trillion Dirhams a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 55,751 Dirhams, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is relatively low, thanks to a very well-funded police force. Basran's national animal is the Lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Basran's influence in Padradis IV fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Basran's influence in Padradis IV rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : The Disputed Territories of Padradis IV Chamber appointed Basran as Junta with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Padradis IV.
- : Basran's influence in Padradis IV rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Basran's influence in Padradis IV fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Basran's influence in Padradis IV rose from "Minnow" to "Auxiliary".
- : Basran lodged a message on the Padradis IV Regional Message Board.
- : Basran relocated from Balder to Padradis IV.
- : Basran altered its national flag.
- : Basran changed its national motto to "بالشّعب وللشّعب" and its nation type to "State".