The Republic of Basiliania is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Basilianian Government with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.069 billion Basilianians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aequalitas. The income tax rate is 100.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Basilianian economy, worth a remarkable 1,272 trillion Basilianums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 179,996 Basilianums, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence, group hugs break out during floor votes, and retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Basiliania's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Basiliania, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Basiliania, group hugs break out during floor votes.
- : Basiliania was endorsed by The Republic of Nchikhumbwa.
- : Basiliania was endorsed by The People's Republic of Revolution Shoals.
- : Following new legislation in Basiliania, praying before a battle is a court-martial offence.
- : Basiliania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Basiliania, a cat may look at a king and a dude can look at an ass.
- : Following new legislation in Basiliania, exceptionally healthy police officers can sprint after crooks for hours on end.
- : Following new legislation in Basiliania, behind every great person are three dozen other people passing great memos.
- : Following new legislation in Basiliania, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia.
Endorsements Received: 24 » Herrebrugh to the World Assembly, Scientists Allied, Bananaistan, Alvero, Varavano, Heisa, Mauvemarke, Wallacivia, Appaloosa, Wileyshire, Cuscatlan, Gallifrax, Westerlies, Cessnia, Nuevo Burrito, Borrominia, Dekks, Danera, Silabar, Syvis, Venovica, Cephesylon, Revolution Shoals, and Nchikhumbwa.