The Crown of Basilia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Dantei Gomez with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.923 billion Basilians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it prioritizes Education, although Law & Order, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Onegana. The average income tax rate is 78.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Basilian economy, worth 90.7 trillion florins a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 31,024 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Annulments are on the rise as couples discover their ancestors were born in the same hospitals, Dantei Gomez's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week, raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing, and bars are packed at all hours. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Basilia's national animal is the bobcat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Santeria.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Basilia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Basilia's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Basilia's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Basilia was refounded in Balder.
- : Basilia ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Basilia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Basilia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Basilia, bars are packed at all hours.
- : Following new legislation in Basilia, raver DJ XStacy holds multiple medical degrees in chillaxing.
- : Following new legislation in Basilia, Dantei Gomez's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week.