The Confederacy of Bashkeristan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Qwertyuiopasd with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, parental licensing program, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 1.932 billion Bashker have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khovsgol. The average income tax rate is 58.4%.
The all-consuming Bashker economy, worth 164 trillion tugras a year, is highly specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 85,353 tugras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Khovsgol to enjoy their national art, money that should have gone to charities is instead spent on monitoring them, and there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bashkeristan's national animal is the steppe eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is tengrism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bashkeristan's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Bashkeristan altered its national flag.
- : Bashkeristan relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Bashkeristan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Bashkeristan ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Bashkeristan was endorsed by The Theocracy of Kakastania.
- : Bashkeristan was endorsed by The Republic of Qiland.
- : Bashkeristan was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- : Bashkeristan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Bashkeristan was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of New Bremerton.