|Animal||Four Headed Eagle|
The People's Republic of Based Vapia is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its parental licensing program, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 260 million Based Vapians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 75.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Based Vapian economy, worth 4.50 trillion Lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 17,307 Lire, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Schoolchildren are arrested for possessing sidewalk chalk without a permit, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Based Vapia's national animal is the Four Headed Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Based Vapia's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Based Vapia, school uniforms are compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Based Vapia, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea.
- : Based Vapia relocated from Lazarus to The North Pacific.
- : Based Vapia altered its national flag.
- : Based Vapia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Based Vapia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Based Vapia was endorsed by The Second Best of Noahs Second Country.
- : Based Vapia was endorsed by The Radiant Power of Blyskalia.
- : Based Vapia was endorsed by The Empire of Sisang.