The Free Pink Land of Barurot is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chocoball Mukai with an even hand, and renowned for its ritual sacrifices, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 32.314 billion Barurotians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Environment, with Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Barurot City. The average income tax rate is 40.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Barurotian economy, worth a remarkable 4,621 trillion Orgies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 143,007 Orgies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies, sports fans complain that cricket tests now last an unbearable ten days, and the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Barurot's national animal is the serial philanderer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hedonism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Barurot, the nation's youth would rather watch paint dry than the news.
- : Following new legislation in Barurot, sports fans complain that cricket tests now last an unbearable ten days.
- : Following new legislation in Barurot, people are more interested in gossip about the private lives of politicians than their policies.
- : Following new legislation in Barurot, voting for pro-Bigtopian candidates is voluntary.
- : Following new legislation in Barurot, the prevalence of circular logic frequently renders parliamentary observers dizzy.
- : Barurot was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Barurot's influence in The ProcrastiNations fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Following new legislation in Barurot, toy versions of heroin paraphernalia let kids pretend to be their favourite TV characters.
- : Barurot agreed to construct embassies between The ProcrastiNations and Guinea Kiribati.
- : Barurot agreed to construct embassies between The ProcrastiNations and Embassy Central.