The Holy Empire of Barronstan is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Pope Barron with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, parental licensing program, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 8.57 billion Barronstanis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ancient City of Gold. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Barronstanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,036 trillion budhis a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 120,896 budhis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has organised a nationwide cull of infected Spotted Eagles, fruit pickers with degrees in Spotted Eagle psychology are a common sight, lavish state dinners in Ancient City of Gold are the state's leading budgetary expenditure, and morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barronstan's national animal is the Spotted Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Orthodox Christian Buddhism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barronstan's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Barronstan's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Barronstan's influence in Middle Earth rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Barronstan altered its national flag.
- : Barronstan endorsed The Republic of Goat Screamer.
- : Barronstan endorsed The Empire of Unawantaka.
- : Barronstan endorsed The Dictatorship of Field Marshal Victor Lancaster.
- : Barronstan endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force.
- : Barronstan relocated from The Land of Kings and Emperors to Middle Earth.
- : Barronstan was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.